As the Procurement Manager, you will be responsible for developing and maintaining optimal sourcing strategies to achieve margin goals and to fulfill program and event production requirements. You will have the opportunity to help centralize and strengthen our procurement processes. You’ll also work collaboratively with product owners. This isn’t a role where you would just source paper vendors or negotiate with ink suppliers—you will be selecting, negotiating with, and maintaining relationships with vendors offering services and supplies for our world-class events, programs, and other experiential offerings.
- Discover reliable suppliers and initiate and manage effective partnerships.
- Negotiate with external vendors to secure advantageous terms, price, and quality.
- Collaborate internally and externally to ensure clear specifications and expectations.
- Proactively identify and address potential unfavorable events.
- Control spend and build a culture of long-term saving on procurement costs.
- Operate with a high degree of professionalism, commitment, urgency and accountability.
- Demonstrate key values of respect, customer focus, collaboration, integrity, and fun.
Our Requirements (We need you to have):
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in supply chain management, logistics or business administration.
- 2-5 years of proven procurement experience.
We’d like you to have:
- Talent in negotiations and networking.
- Aptitude in decision making and working with data.
- Excellent soft skills and attitude: resourceful, responsive, and positive, with strong leadership capabilities and ability to communicate information clearly and concisely.
- Ability to meet deadlines and provide an outstanding customer experience while juggling priorities and schedules.
- Experience with Concur.
- Passion for Singularity University’s mission.
The position primary work location can be remote within the United States. Candidates in the Mountain View, CA or Columbus, OH areas will have preference.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.