Are you a digital media professional who is excited about the power of exponential technologies to shape the future and solve the world’s most pressing problems?
We’re looking for a talented digital media professional to manage and create content for our new membership business. Singularity University’s Premium Membership will bring compelling articles and video to a global audience. For over a decade, SU has been creating exceptional learning experiences for leaders around the world. The Premium Membership is a new offering allowing access to unique digital media for members of our ecosystem and beyond. You would be key to the success of this offering.
The Digital Editor will be responsible for bringing SU’s Premium Membership to life by developing a content roadmap, creating content (with support from a network of colleagues), and driving subscription growth. Our ideal candidate is a seasoned manager of digital content for an online global community who cares about Singularity’s mission, loves creating digital experiences, and enjoys close collaboration and problem solving. A creative mindset, attention to detail, and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment are all important for this role.
- Shape the content plan for SU’s premium digital membership service.
- Design digital content experiences that bring important concepts to life, including articles, videos, and audio.
- Write lead-in content, articles, and posts.
- Ensure a high level of professionalism, brand integrity, quality, and consistency.
- Work with colleagues across SU and with contractors to develop premium media assets.
- Configure digital content management and learning management tools to deliver content assets, including metadata and optimization of headlines for digital products.
- Identify opportunities for content capture at SU events and work with organizers to record content.
- Track membership subscribers’ use and their perception of value to drive renewals and new subscriptions, in conjunction with Membership Community Manager.
- Contribute to relevant user research projects that can help provide insight on the subscription business.
Our Requirements (We need you to have):
- 3+ years’ experience writing and editing digital content.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in experience.
We’d like you to have:
- Experience managing digital products, content strategy, or learning design for a global community.
- Experience administering digital asset management systems and user generated content platforms. Video is a plus.
- Passion for Singularity University’s mission and ability to adapt to Singularity University's voice to effectively craft content.
- An eye and ear for great content, and comfort with making editorial judgments.
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work cross-functionally.
- Equal excitement for strategy, project management, and execution. This role will be 30% strategy and 70% execution.
- Excellent business communication skills.
- Passion for coming up with new ideas and then also getting hands-on and figuring out if they work.
- Familiarity with copyright clearance, law libraries, and/or understanding of copyright concerns.
The position’s primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Mountain View, CA, or remote within AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, UT, or WA.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.