For 10 years, faculty at Singularity University have been inspiring social entrepreneurs and enterprise clients to address the world’s most pressing challenges. By 2020, we will have educated over a million people.
As Director, Faculty Development you’ll lead our ambitious training and support initiatives for new and existing teaching personnel. To accomplish our bold mission, we require robust and powerful teaching that inspires and supports deep perspective change and bold action.
Our faculty members are a global network of experts across a wide range of topics, including advanced technologies, global grand challenges, entrepreneurship, and organizational innovation. Your role will be critical for equipping these expert faculty with the presentation and pedagogical skills needed to make their teaching and presenting truly outstanding.
What you’ll be doing:
- Build out an innovative, engaging, and effective training curriculum (both digital and in-person) for a variety of educational programs, both new and existing, that will be delivered to speakers and facilitators.
- Design, develop, implement, and scale appropriate resources, processes, and systems for faculty training, certification, ongoing development, and performance assessment across the SU ecosystem.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Director and faculty members to identify and remedy gaps in subject matter expertise, pedagogical skills, stage presence, content/curriculum design, and/or facility with SU’s narrative and approach, particularly in response to quantitative and qualitative participant feedback data.
- Develop and implement workshops for new and existing faculty and facilitators on improving instructional practice.
- Develop a library of resources and exercises (both digital and in-person) aimed at improving specific common problem areas.
- Establish and support a peer-to-peer environment for training and development of full-time employed faculty.
- Generate regular reports and updates on progress for discussion with faculty.
- Manage and coordinate with outside firms and/or consultants to support a rapidly growing faculty bench.
Our requirements (you must have):
- Bachelor’s degree required, Master’s degree highly desired: education, instructional design, learning science, or closely related field.
- 5+ years experience training and supporting expert presenters/instructors.
- 2+ years managing staff and/or contractors.
About you (we’d like you to have):
- Demonstrable success in creating best-in-class learning experiences and ability to coach, model, provide feedback, challenge, and demonstrate reflective thinking.
- Data-driven; ability to use data effectively to bring about the changes in teaching practice that lead to significantly improved learning outcomes.
- Ambitious and accountable; positive, friendly, nothing-is-impossible attitude, sense of humor, and ability to influence others and rally towards a common goal.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- Desire to make a difference and contribute as a member of a growing, energetic team.
- Passion for education and for the mission of Singularity University.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.