Are you excited about the power of exponential technologies to shape the future and solve the world’s most pressing problems? Are you passionate about the fusion of traditional IT infrastructure management and cutting edge applications and tools?
For 10 years, Singularity University has been a leader in creating transformational learning experiences for classroom participants in its in-person programs, conferences, incubators, and events. We are now integrating online learning, micro-learning, virtual communities, and other digital tools into everything we do, so that we can help millions more people create a better future through exponential technologies.
We are looking for a Systems Administrator to support Singularity's IT ecosystem. As a System Administrator, you will help us reinvent Singularity's IT infrastructure by integrating traditional Windows Infrastructure resources and our vast Saas tool inventory.
You will get to wear many hats in this role, and not only grow your system management experience and overall business understanding but also be part of a mission-driven business that measures its social impact on a global scale. This role will be a strong, technical resource for our IT tech Ops team.
- Working with private and public cloud design considerations and limitations in the areas of virtualization and global infrastructure, distributed systems, load balancing, and networking.
- Building in automation using programming/scripting languages (e.g., PowerShell, Go, Python, C#, C++).
- Maintaining and upgrading user systems, imaging, security patching using SCCM or similar tools.
- Implementing VMWare technology i.e. VSphere, VCenter, NSX.
- Utilizing Active Directory to facilitate automated employee on-boarding and identity management.
- Managing and deploying Single Sign On tools with automated provisioning and de-provisioning workflows.
- Deploying SAML 2.0 integrations.
- Thorough knowledge of Active Directory, Role-based access, Group Policy, and infrastructure security.
- Working with Linux servers, proxy servers, firewalls, mail spam servers, and VPN servers.
- Working with monitoring solutions, i.e. Solarwinds, Foglight.
- Installation and configuration of standard business and administrative software, including emulation software and protocol stacks.
- Integrating business applications leveraging API's to maximize software capabilities and reduce operating costs.
- JAMF administration, MAC OS imaging, MAC OS patching.
- Management and configuration of Atlassian tools including JIRA and Service desk.
Minimum Requirements (you must have):
- 5+ years experience provisioning, operating, monitoring and maintaining systems’ hardware, software and related infrastructure.
- BS Degree in Information Technology, or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Windows server Administration and engineering experience in an enterprise IT environment, having performed operational and break/fix activity along with engineering and design.
- Solid understanding of PCI, SOX, MARS-E, HIPAA.
- High-level of integrity along with the ability to handle sensitive information and maintain confidentiality
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to rapidly changing priorities in order to address/resolve the most critical/sensitive issues on a timely basis.
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills, which will allow ready establishment of credibility and acceptance by management peers and employees.
- Ability to comfortably manage and lead projects with minimal direction.
- Solid understanding of GDPR requirements and experience in building and maintaining a compliant infrastructure.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.