Are you passionate about designing, developing and implementing programs, methods and tools that will enable our enterprise clients to produce breakthrough solutions that leverage exponential technologies to ensure 10x scale and impact?
As Director of Design, you will move between strategic thinking, visioning and executing. You’ll be providing hands-on support and guidance in the delivery and development of our full 10x Innovation Sprints. You’ll also be working with our enterprise, social impact and open enrollment clients across Singularity University and be leveraging emerging technologies to build new strategies and solutions.
Develop and deliver design and innovation programs for clients and partners
- Work directly with clients to determine learning and business objectives, scope work, assemble and lead teams for delivery.
- Collaborate with across business units and with senior Singularity University staff in the design of programs.
- Direct and oversee design and innovation programs for 10x Innovation Sprints.
Collaborate with the Managing Director, Innovation & Design to provide strategic leadership for the SU Innovation Business Unit
- Co-develop strategy and planning for SU Team building, mentorship and direction for the design team for design and innovation programs.
- Provide team building, mentorship and direction for the design team.
Set the direction for our 10x Innovation Programs
- Develop and share a strong design point of view, new frameworks, content and stay current regarding new developments in design and innovation.
- Help define goals and strategy for client sprints and prototyping services.
Be an ambassador for SU
- Represent SU in the greater design world.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- 8+ years of experience directing corporate, start-up or public sector design projects.
- Built and released products or businesses to the market.
- Experience managing client relationships, schedules and deliverables.
- Master’s degree in Industrial Design, Graphic Design, New Media, Interaction Design, HCI, or equivalent work experience.
- You can relate to individuals and nurture talent. You give and solicit feedback from others in order to continually raise our bar for quality.
- You have a strong verbal, written and visual presentation skills. You can communicate the value of design within a design and business context.
- Extensive experience with design, innovation and management tools and methodology.
- Ability to lead and inspire teams.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Experience working in a start-up or high growth environment.
- Experience leading teams.
- Proven experience presenting on stage to large audiences.
Impact & Influence:
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- The position reports to the Managing Director, Innovation & Design.
- The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.