Are you a passionate AV expert technologist and excited about creating life-changing experiences?
As AV Coordinator at Singularity University, you will lead AV teams for specific events and programs, translating business needs into high-quality AV support. To be successful, you will need a broad knowledge of AV technologies, approaches, and tools, as well as the ability to operate independently while overseeing events.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Operate and troubleshoot audio visual equipment, including recording, lighting, computing technologies, audio and video, during live programs.
- Help create powerful, life-changing experiences for our program participants through your passion for AV.
- Optimize AV operations to ensure the best possible support for events.
- Serve as a member of each event team, and collaborate to ensure that participant and client needs are met.
- Continuously improve AV department processes, internal operations, and program production.
- Assist with staffing for programs, including shift scheduling, communication, and budgeting labor costs.
- Provide guidance to AV operators at each event.
- Troubleshoot AV systems and technical issues, and escalate issues in AV systems appropriately when they arise.
Position Requirement (we want you to have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent work experience.
- At least two years of professional AV experience.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- A demonstrable understanding of AV principles and approaches.
- A history of success in:
- Providing high-quality AV production support
- Troubleshooting AV systems and technical issues
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.