Bring your finance and accounting expertise to a rapidly growing socially responsible business with a global presence!
As Singularity University’s Corporate Controller, you will play a pivotal role in the overall success of the company by managing all internally facing finance and accounting tasks. You will provide the financial data and insight that company executives need to manage the business.
You will be responsible for building financial policies, controls, and reporting systems, and ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. You will also provide guidance to general accounting, accounts receivable, collections, inventory accounting, payroll, and risk management. This is a Director-level position that is responsible for managing and supporting the accounting team.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain a set of controls and accounting processes that reduce risk, increase compliance and expand transparency.
- Develop and present clear and accurate financial statements; including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, project, program and sponsorship, and reporting for internal and external stakeholders and customers.
- Improve financial and corporate decision-making through effective financial reporting systems.
- Improve month-over-month and year-over-year performance in recurring processes.
- Develop regional and international accounting and reporting systems to support the company’s planned growth.
Our Requirements (we need you to have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or business, or equivalent work experience.
- At least ten years of work experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- At least five years of supervisory experience, managing accountants.
- At least three years of work experience in a position equivalent to a controller or more complex responsibilities.
About You (we’d like it if you have…):
- A Certified Public Accountant licensure in good standing.
- Demonstrable proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting.
- Previous experience in a “Big Four” or national accounting firm, especially within the audit function.
- Experience in both the private and public accounting sectors.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills, especially proven success in explaining complex financial concepts to a non-financially literate audience.
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills, including demonstrable success simultaneously addressing multiple competing priorities.
- A familiarity with start-up organizations.
The position will be based at Singularity University's headquarters in Mountain View, CA. Most staff have the opportunity to work remotely one to two days per week.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.