At Singularity University, we transform how leaders think about the future and guide them in building new capabilities to get there successfully. Our consumer offerings such as Executive Education Programs, Global Events, Online Courses and Digital Memberships enable individuals to better understand and anticipate the potential impact of exponential technologies and take action.
As the Senior Product Marketing Manager on our Consumer Marketing Team, you’ll drive product marketing related activities including audience understanding, positioning, and setting the direction for content development in support of our consumer product portfolio. You’ll play a critical role in improving the effectiveness of our consumer marketing programs. You’ll collaborate cross-functionally with partners in Product, Demand Generation, Content, Social, and PR to successfully execute marketing programs.
- Develop and maintain a deep understanding of our target customers and competition through research and direct interactions.
- Define and drive research initiatives to create buyer personas and customer segmentation.
- Identify key market trends and position our solutions to take advantage of these opportunities.
- Represent the voice of the customer through the organization.
Positioning & Messaging Development
- Refine go-to-market positioning and messaging for the consumer product portfolio as needed to ensure a consistent outbound message.
- Ensure solution messaging alignment across our portfolio.
- Work with cross-functional team to develop and execute against internal and external launch plans for product and feature releases.
- Develop tools including presentations, brochures, web copy, one-pagers, and product marketing videos, among other key content to increase awareness and acquisition.
- Create a portfolio of testimonials and proof points that articulate the return on customer investment.
- Curate product usage data and customer proof points.
- Use customer insights to collaborate with Product teams on go-to-market plan and strategy, leading on product messaging and positioning, product launches, and influencing product development.
- Use customer knowledge to support Growth Marketing Managers with Marketing programs that drive awareness, new user acquisition, and retention.
- Establish KPIs to measure of new products and features and develop a plan to continually drive adoption and usage.
Our Minimum Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
- 5+ years of experience in product marketing for Consumer technology products.
- Strong product messaging and communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand and synthesize complex concepts into simple and engaging positioning and messaging.
- Ability to work cross-functionally to align multiple stakeholders and teams.
- Organized, detail-oriented and excellent project management skills.
- Thorough understanding of digital advertising platforms and techniques.
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial bias toward action.
- Comfort managing multiple assignments and competing priorities in a fast-paced environment.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Experience with SaaS products, management consulting services, and/or educational courses and programs.
- MBA or equivalent preferred.
Impact & Influence:
- This is a full-time, exempt position.
- The position reports to the Director, Consumer Marketing
- The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA, or remote within the United States.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Why Singularity University?
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off
- 401(k) plan.
- Free employee access to Singularity workshops and learning events.
- Connect with some of the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.