Singularity University is a global learning and innovation community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges and build a better future for all. We are looking for a critical member of our alliances team who will help us to make the global network of alliances and resellers that we envision become a reality.
As Director of Alliances and Digital Partnerships, you will be responsible for identifying and developing partnerships with consulting firms, universities, and educational technology companies that can act as channel partners for SU. You will identify potential alliance partners and dive deep into all aspects of each relationship to bring the partnership to fruition.
- Drive alignment on the criteria for selecting SU alliance partners.
- Identify and pursue potential partners and alliances around the globe.
- Negotiate and close agreements with new partners, in collaboration with Sales Operations, Finance, and the Legal team.
- Nurture existing partner relationships as well as drive new relationships to demonstrable value.
- Meet or exceed targets for profitable sales volume and strategic objectives in partner accounts.
Our Requirements (We need you to have):
- A Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution, or equivalent work experience.
- At least 10 years of combined sales, channel, and/or business development experience.
- The ability to travel as needed, including multiple consecutive nights away from home.
We’d like you to have:
- Experience in alliance management or business development for global enterprises, preferably in professional services or other complex offerings.
- Experience establishing new strategic partnerships / alliances from scratch.
- Complex deal negotiation experience.
- Strategic acumen: able to conceptualize new opportunities and put them into the perspective of SU’s overall growth strategy.
- Strong relationship builder.
- Excellent written and verbal influencing skills.
- Exposure to complex contracting.
- Exposure to creating compliance mechanisms for channel partnerships.
The position’s primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Mountain View, CA.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.