As technology advances, we have an ever-increasing opportunity to solve challenges like health, water, food, and energy in ways that we had never before thought possible. However, this same technological advancement can also increase the challenges we face in security, privacy and ensuring prosperity in the world. Singularity University’s open enrolment programs offer immersive classroom experiences for global leaders to examine how they can shape our future by leveraging key converging technologies.
As Director of Admissions you will be the principal steward of revenue growth in these programs. You will be responsible for driving both day-to-day operations and the long-term vision for the admissions and registration process. You will maximize the revenue of our programs and also act thoughtfully and deliberately in constructing program cohorts which help achieve our impact and diversity goals.
What you will be doing:
Scale the Open Enrollment business.
- Collaborate with the Marketing team to create strategies which increase traffic to our open enrollment web pages and online resources.
- Collaborate with the IT team in the development of tools that automate and increase the efficiency of the application, registration and payment cycles. Provide thought leadership, define requirements, and participate in testing.
Maximize program enrolments.
- Source and manage a team of third-party application readers.
- Actively managing class enrollment. Leverage historical information about admission offer acceptance rates, cancellation rates and tools such as over-enrollment and waitlists.
- Based on applications reviewed, trends and profile information, formulate and make recommendations to program managers which inform program design, program development, and class scheduling.
- Create program cohorts that achieve impact and diversity goals.
- Define and refine admissions standards and tools to guide admissions decisions.
- Document the processes, procedures, standards, and guidance for the construction of diverse program cohorts. Own and develop our admissions policies and procedures.
- Provide leadership for internal stakeholders during the construction of a program cohort. Convene and facilitate the discussion about the relative strategic importance of each VIP candidate to the cohort as a whole.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- At least four years of experience in program admissions or related field for either a non-profit or for-profit entity.
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- A master’s degree in business or related field.
- Experience using CRM, event management, and registration software and platforms (Salesforce, CVENT, etc.).
- Technology background
- Excellent analytical skills.
- A proven history solving complex problems.
- Demonstrable success working as a member of a team and contributing individually.
- Previous success conducting analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable strategies, deliverables, messages, and presentations.
- A proven history of success prioritizing competing high-priority requests.
- Previous experience negotiating agreements with vendors and suppliers.
Impact & Influence:
This is a full-time, exempt position.
The position reports to the Vice President, Open Enrollment Programs
The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.