Excited by a fast-paced, rapidly growing IT and operations environment? Interested in leading change?
Singularity University’s mission is to create global abundance that will benefit the lives of billions of people around the world. We are in a stage of rapid growth, and we’re looking for someone who can take the reins in supporting Singularity University’s (SU’s) technology infrastructure so that our global network of faculty, students, alumni, and staff can execute against our mission.
That’s where you come in. You will lead our IT helpdesk team, manage our infrastructure, build the DevOps function, and create new IT systems and policies—both on campus and in the cloud. You will support not only the day-to-day IT needs of staff but also the IT infrastructure needed to run external digital offerings, including digital courses and global community support. You will also have the opportunity to recommend, establish, and implement the best practices of the SU help desk team while ensuring high standards of information privacy and confidentiality.
Do you have the vision and the passion to take on these challenges? If so, we’d like to talk with you.
- Analyze each department’s business requirements to determine their technology needs, and partner with them to create solutions.
- Manage performance, security, and availability for our technology services and network.
- Establish processes and policy enhancements to promote overall SU team efficiency and compliance.
- Build the TechOps function to support the Engineering team and the businesses.
- Achieve department objectives by leading and managing staff and by planning, evaluating, and prioritizing department activities.
- Oversee all technology operations (network security and infrastructure as well as IT help desk) and evaluate them according to established goals.
- Establish and revise processes and practices for the team to monitor and triage incoming technical support tickets.
Our Requirements (We need you to have)
- Proven experience as an IT Director or similar role.
- Experience in analysis, implementation, and evaluation of technology infrastructure systems and their specifications.
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software, networks etc.).
- Experience in managing an information technology budget.
- Excellent organization and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication and influencing abilities.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MSc/MA will be a plus
- Strong business acumen. Experience with approaching IT/Tech Ops as a business person first, solving for business issues and objectives.
About You (we’d like it if you have)
- Previously demonstrated leadership experience among teams of technical staff.
- Demonstrated experience engaging with vendors and outside contractors to meet organizational objectives.
- Experience with a scripting language or other programming language.
- Experience with working with other teams to support activities and training to overcome barriers to product and process acceptance and use.
The position’s primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Mountain View, CA. Most SU staff have the opportunity to work remotely one or two days per week.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.