The Executive Program is Singularity University’s flagship executive education experience. It prepares leaders in business, government, and nonprofit organizations to create their organizations’ futures in a world of rapid change. As Managing Director, you will lead the Executive Program with full P&L responsibility. You’ll guide the continued evolution of this influential program, setting its target objectives and outcomes, driving achievement of financial and client satisfaction goals, managing curriculum and experience design, and providing thought leadership and execution oversight to ensure successful programs and satisfied alumni. This is both a hands-on and a strategic role; you’ll be in the room shaping participant experiences during each delivery of the program and determining how to take this renowned program to the next level in the years to come.
- Develop a multi-year strategy for growing the Executive Program (EP) business, based on SU’s strategic roadmap.
- Manage the budget and profitability of the program, including pricing and financial management.
- Set admissions criteria for the program and collaborate with the admissions and marketing teams to attract and select the right candidates.
- Grow net promoter scores and other performance metrics over time.
- Define the overall participant experience (curriculum) in collaboration with the event management and learning design teams, charting the overall learning journey that participants experience.
- Define appropriate social impact metrics and grow the program’s impact year over year.
- Capture best practices and useful innovations and integrate them into future programs.
Our Requirements (we need you to have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of experience with direct responsibility for executive development (in a corporate, consulting, or higher education context).
- At least 12 years of professional experience.
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time as needed.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- An advanced degree from an accredited institution. An MBA is strongly preferred.
- A strong interest in exponential technology and a deep desire to help business leaders and the world’s institutions understand how the world is changing.
- A history of significant success as an executive development leader, executing programs that meet strategic objectives on time and within budget.
The position’s primary work location will be at SU headquarters in Mountain View, CA. Most Singularity employees have the opportunity to work remotely one to two days per week.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.