Emerging technologies are radically altering every competitive landscape. At Singularity University, we see these seismic shifts as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value-creation. We help enterprises anticipate, understand, and leverage these opportunities to propel their organizations—and possibly the world—forward.
We’re looking for a world-class Social Media Manager to develop and implement social media campaigns that engage and expand Singularity University communities. In this role you will be analyzing and optimizing content as you develop and improve campaign and channel performance across Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Instagram, YouTube, and new social platforms. You will drive product and program revenue, expand our brand recognition, and engage our various audiences – through a variety of social media channels.
What you will be doing:
Expand brand recognition.
- Regularly monitor competitors and other digital media companies, with the goal of understanding emerging trends and techniques.
- Draw upon professional knowledge and expertise to formulate recommendations about expanding the company’s presence in current and proposed social media channels.
- Develop and evolve a narrative for our social media which is optimistic, impact-focused, and which recognizes the disruptive potential of technologies across industries.
- Post and curate content and copy which aligns with our brand narrative.
- Expand and engage SU’s audience by leveraging social media data.
- Regularly mine social analytics data.
- Collaborate with the Business Intelligence team to define audiences and determine the most effective ways to reach our target audiences.
- Identify existing gaps in reach and engagement.
- At regular and recurring intervals, examine audiences across channels, develop audience profiles, and match key messages to each audience.
Drive product & program revenue.
- Engage in ongoing discussion with SU product managers. Develop and maintain a personal understanding of various products and product roadmaps.
- Design and test new methods which improve our abilities to quantify the return on social media campaigns.
- Meet with internal stakeholders to determine desired outcomes for social media campaigns.
- Gather & create assets, and post content for social media campaigns which meet the defined outcomes agreed upon with stakeholders.
- Utilize qualitative and quantitative measures, as well as lessons learned, to summarize and report on the effectiveness of social media campaigns. Share reports with stakeholders.
- Attract the best applicants to SU programs.
- Mine data and statistics from past SU programs to improve the targeting of future social media campaigns.
- Regularly scan available media and articles to develop an awareness of the events, stories, and accomplishments associated with SU and use social media to share them with our community.
- Develop new ways for us to leverage and repurpose existing digital content (SingularityHub.com, Medium posts, blogs, videos, photos, and graphics, etc.).
- Collaborate with the internal stakeholders to identify opportunities to promote events and programs, and cover SU events and programs live when appropriate.
- Regularly curate third-party content for social audiences.
- Identify new social media tools and platforms which the company is not using. Make actionable recommendations.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- At least two years of professional experience in roles managing social media campaigns or accounts.
- The ability to travel to SU events including overnight stays.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Experience with digital publications or blogs.
- Experience executing & reporting on social media campaigns.
- Experience working with and supporting digital communities.
A demonstrated history of success:
- Staying on top of trends in social media and industry best practices.
- Working collaboratively as a member of a team and as an individual contributor.
- Working in highly fluid environments with regularly changing priorities.
- Solving complex problems.
- Learning new technologies.
The position’s primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Mountain View, CA, or remote within the United States.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.