Singularity University’s Country Partners are our partner organizations formed in collaboration with local governments, educational institutions, foundations, NGOs, and corporate sponsors to elevate the state of innovation in countries around the world and bring us all closer to an abundant future.
As Director, Country Partners you’ll lead this program and contribute to our global licensing strategy. You’ll increase the capacity of SU to reach our clients and community in regions across the world by overseeing the operations of the Country Partner program, managing the pipeline of potential new partners and setting the strategy for growth with our partners.
Manage Partner Relations
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive understanding of existing partnerships, including key drivers of value within each partnership.
- Design and implement programs and methods to on-board each new Country Partner’s leadership team and staff.
- Develop close and collaborative partnerships with SU’s product managers regarding content and design, and with our senior global sales leaders on the pricing of new programs.
- Design methods - regular and ongoing – to understand the set of high-level international market requirements for each Country Partner.
- Design and document a framework, methodology, and proposed guidelines for allowable country partner products. Collaborate with product managers, and the head of global sales appropriately.
- Identify and document organizational and/or process modifications that may be needed to develop country partner products.
Supervise Program Operations
- Be accountable for the Country Partner program’s profit and loss statement.
- Regularly review Country Partner financial statements and business plans.
- Identify areas of concern for the program model in outlying years of operation and manage those risks accordingly.
Execute agreements with new Country Partners
- Identify new international partnership opportunities. Collaborate with license team peers to evolve the international growth strategy, structure, and plans, including licensing, subsidiaries, and other structures.
- Work through each stage of the Country Partner pipeline with designated Partner candidates:
- Application (Request for Proposal)
- Due diligence
- Decision making
- Work with Marketing and Global teams on all communication needs for Country Partners RFP.
Implement and Evolve the program strategy
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of the company’s target customers, customer journeys, core products & services, and strategic priorities.
- In coordination with VP of Ecosystems, continue to develop the Country Partner strategy which informs the company’s licensing strategy and direction.
- Inform the evolution of the program based on input from Country Partners.
- Create and deliver compelling explanations of the international vision to an internal and external audience.
Requirements (you must have):
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience.
- Minimum 10-years experience in growing long-term relationships in complex global environments.
- Minimum 5-years experience of managing a profit and loss statement.
- A proven track record of providing strategic advice to regional licensees.
- Experience navigating successfully across global cultures and global nuances.
- Fluency in English and at least one other language.
- Ability to travel internationally up to 30% of the time.
About you (we’d like you to have):
- An MBA or equivalent experience.
- Team structuring and organizational planning skills.
- Understanding of the demands of working in a startup.
- Interest in working in a company or role that is having a positive impact on the world’s biggest problems.
- Capable of high-level strategic planning, budgeting and reviewing financial documents
Our headquarters are in Mountain View, CA, but this position’s primary work location can be remote anywhere within the United States. We will give preference to candidates residing in the Eastern time zone to facilitate work with our European country partners.
This role reports to the Vice President, SU Ecosystems. The Director, Country Partners will initially be responsible for managing one member of staff, we plan that the holder of this post will grow their team during 2019.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.