Are you passionate about creating learning experiences that will inspire others to transform the world?
As a Singularity University Curriculum Specialist, you’ll be responsible for the development, management, maintenance, and review of curriculum standards, learning outcomes, and learning assets. You’ll assist the Director, Curriculum and Learning Design in promoting understanding of the curriculum and best practices in outcomes-based program design and evaluation across the organization and work closely with the Curriculum and Learning Design team to document and improve curricula at the program/product and module levels. You’ll develop, organize and implement regular reviews of program/product curricula and learning outcomes and makes recommendations for improving alignment and consistency of curricula across the product portfolio.
What you’ll be doing
Document and evaluate program and product curricula to increase transparency, consistency, and alignment with learning outcomes and program goals.
- Develop curriculum standards and learning outcomes to create the best fit between content, learner needs, and business goals.
- Influence colleagues to understand the importance of a documented, standardized curriculum, outcomes-based program design, and the connection to business outcomes.
- Utilize evaluation data and direct observations of learning programs to document program curricula and make data-driven recommendations to increase alignment with institutional and program goals and learning outcomes.
- Help define prerequisites and develop instructional levelling to assist with the development and improvement of the curriculum structure and clear learner journeys.
- Assist with the maintenance of a curriculum map and detailed descriptions of the current program and product offerings.
Implement processes and provide consultation to increase the quality and consistency of outcomes-driven learning.
- Assist with the development and implementation of guidelines, resources, and processes in relation to the curriculum and program/product curricula reviews.
- Maintain and update curriculum software and provide training and support for software users.
- Recommend and consult on curriculum resources (e.g., instructional strategies, learning assets, best practices) and outcomes driven program design to help business units achieve program learning outcomes.
Maintain, manage, and improve curriculum and learning assets.
- Document and collect curriculum and learning assets from faculty and staff to codify and share instructional resources and best practices.
- Review, edit, and improve faculty, expert, and staff contributions to maximize participant learning and adherence to defined learning outcomes.
- Perform quality assurance reviews on existing curricula and learning assets.
- Provide ongoing coordination and collaborate with faculty and other experts to prepare and develop curriculum
Minimum Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 1-3 years of experience consulting with educators and/or SMEs and other stakeholders in developing learning outcomes and outcomes based programs and learning experiences in a non-profit or for-profit entity.
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
About you (we’d like you to have) :
- Experience developing curriculum standards and measurable learning outcomes.
- Experience consulting with educators, stakeholders, and/or subject matter experts on the development and implementation of curricula and learning experiences.
- Previous success in developing and implementing guidelines and processes that foster strong collaboration between departments and stakeholders.
- Experience developing effective curriculum design documents to capture and organize essential outcome driven learning information from faculty/SMEs.
- Demonstrable success working as a member of a team and contributing individually.
- Experience conducting analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable strategies, deliverables, messages, and presentations.
Knowledge of best practices in curriculum development and maintenance.
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring that all materials are accurate, clear, concise and error-free.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
This is a full-time, permanent position.
The position reports to the Director, Curriculum & Learning Design
The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.