Would you like a flexible role where you introduce global leaders and social entrepreneurs to the exponential products that will help them address the world’s most pressing challenges?
As a Technology Instructor, you’ll be providing hands-on demonstrations of a variety of technologies, such as robotics, artificial intelligence, virtual/augmented reality, and 3D printing. You’ll lead tours of the SU Labs showrooms and create an engaging experience which builds excitement about technology, its possibilities, and the company’s vision for the future.
You’ll be working part-time and be paid hourly. Your hours will vary depending on the demand from our programs.
The Major Responsibilities:
Delight and inspire SU program participants and SU Labs visitors.
- Perform hands-on demonstrations of technologies that are showcased in the lab and offsite locations.
- Complete tasks to prepare the showroom for opening and closing, including cleaning and organizing, testing equipment, replacing batteries, shutting down equipment, and other maintenance tasks.
- Work with the rest of the labs team to ensure that all exhibits are functioning properly.
- Support program participants during tech workshops.
Help improve demonstrations and exhibits.
- Explore, research, recommend, and help build and test new tech demonstrations.
- Document technology demonstrations and share with other Technology Instructors and Technology Guides.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- A high school diploma
- Be at least 18 years old and eligible to work in the U.S.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- A genuine passion to learn, build, and teach technology.
- Excellent customer service, public speaking, and listening skills.
- Demonstrated ability to troubleshoot problems with tech and find solutions.
- Desire to explore and build technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to present confidently and effectively to groups of people.
- Experience working in a tech museum, a fablab, a makerspace, or a computer lab.
- Willingness to work some weekends and some evenings.
- Ability to stand for extended periods.
- Ability to push or lift up to 30 pounds as needed.
- College degree or working towards college degree in related field preferred.
- Demonstrated past success working individually with minimal supervision, and collaboratively as a member of a team.
Impact & Influence:
- This is an individual contributor position with no supervisory responsibilities.
- The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.