Would you like to collaborate closely with enterprise clients and social entrepreneurs to help them create a new generation of products and solutions to address the world’s most pressing challenges?
For 10 years, Singularity University has been a pioneer in providing intensive incubation for mission-driven entrepreneurs and corporate intrapreneurs seeking to leverage advanced technologies to address the world’s most pressing challenges.
As Program Designer & Facilitator you’ll be developing a compelling client experience and facilitating highly engaging and interactive programs and solutions around the world. You’ll be dividing your time between facilitating programs, instructional design, qualifying subject matter experts to help deliver program content, and ensuring that all aspects of program administration are successfully executed. You will act as the main input that ties a program delivery experience together.
The Major Responsibilities:
Design and update learning programs.
- Collaborate appropriately with other internal stakeholders to ensure that approved frameworks and approaches are utilized in program design.
- Synthesize, summarize and share these data and outcomes to internal and external stakeholders to highlight achievements and serve as guidelines for planning.
- For each new program, define learning objectives, competencies and a scope and sequence of learning experiences aligned to the curriculum and to business objectives and outcomes in collaboration with program managers.
- Work with SU faculty members and other subject matter experts to design program outcomes, build specific activities, and create program experiences.
Facilitate the design of a high-quality client experience.
- Provide subject matter expertise to the Strategic Relations team. Assist with sales proposals and client pitch meetings.
- Lead needs analysis and goal scoping sessions with new and existing clients.
- Collaborate appropriately with business unit leaders and design team to ensure that course development and delivery are aligned with and meet business objectives.
- Design project plans for the design and delivery phases of a client engagement or the creation of a new program.
Ensure the successful delivery of client programs - through direct action and through the coordination of other’s efforts.
- Collaborate with the Design team and other members of the Corporate Innovation team to create tools for the workshop.
- Assist with coordination and execution of program logistics (scheduling of sessions, catering, printing and delivery of session materials, room set-up, etc.). Coordinate with the Strategy and Special Events teams as appropriate.
Coordinate and facilitate program administration.
- Collaborate with the Finance team to create purchase orders and track expenditure and with the Legal team to create contracts as needed.
- Collaborate with the Faculty Operations team to coordinate faculty, speaker, designer and contractor scheduling.
- Manage workshop feedback surveys and conduct post programme analysis
Keep the company aware of changing market conditions.
- Conduct recurring competitive landscape & gap analysis and make recommendations as appropriate.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- At least three years of relevant experience in: design, corporate innovation, marketing, or program management.
- Awareness of design thinking methods and best practices and at least two years of experience facilitating design thinking sessions.
- The ability to travel 40% of the time (locally, nationally and internationally).
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- An advanced degree from an accredited institution. An MFA or an MBA is strongly preferred.
- At least two years of experience:
- Prototyping concepts.
- Tech-scouting or conducting technology research.
- A demonstrated history of success:
- Analyzing client needs and designing adult learning programs.
- Creatively solving complex problems.
- Managing multiple, competing priorities of equal importance.
- Managing complex projects requiring substantial attention to detail.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation. For more information, visit us at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.