Do you want to generate insights that startup and enterprise customers can use to predict the future more accurately? Are you interested in connecting with inspiring, action-oriented people and organizations from all around the world?
As Singularity University’s Managing Director, Data and Insights, you’ll be responsible for the strategy development and management of SU’s Enterprise Solutions data, insights, foresights, and analysis team. You’ll be an expert in gathering, analyzing, and visualizing data in a format that nontechnical users can understand. You will steer the expansion of existing products, and lead the creation of new projects and products, working with select customers as well as colleagues across SU. As a thought leader, you will play a crucial role in ideating the strategy for data use to create actionable insights for SU’s customers and will lead a team that will execute our vision
What you’ll be doing
- Be an active participant in transforming the way that people view the future and the role they can play in shaping it.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of target customer needs, associated product requirements, and how they map to current and future products and services.
- Partner appropriately with colleagues in Enterprise Solutions, Marketing, Digital, and Strategic Relations.
- Develop and maintain a detailed understanding of enterprise customers’ needs to inform new and evolving products and services.
- Design data delivery collection processes & formats that increase profit and enterprise customer outcomes.
- Build models that leverage massive data sets to drive toward complex insights and possible outcomes.
- Leverage expertise in AI, Machine Learning, Deep Learning, and/or neural networks.
- Lead team members in testing new delivery methods to determine efficacy for enterprise companies.
- Leverage expertise in building simulations, dashboards, and/or prediction engines.
- Act as a facilitator for training sessions with team members, including direct and indirect reports, Strategic Relations, Digital, and Marketing teams.
- Leverage expertise in analytics and statistics to establish best practices in the collection, analysis, and delivery of data.
- Create the roadmap for the Data and Insights team.
Position Requirements (we need you to have):
- Advanced degree in AI, machine learning, data, mathematics, statistics, computer science, or related field.
- At least one previous position with direct responsibility for managing a budget and a P&L, preferably in professional services.
- Expertise in data analytics from a wide variety of sources and in a variety of forms including dirty and unstructured data.
- Expertise in data analytics tools and technologies, such as SQL, R, and Python.
- Experience with building a data- and analytics-related business that integrates multiple diverse data sources and uses that data to drive toward compelling insights and models.
- Prior experience with bringing a product to market.
- Ability to communicate technical information clearly to nontechnical people.
- Ability to intuit patterns from disparate sources of information.
About You (we’d like you to have):
- An orientation toward collaboration and an openness to new ideas and voices.
- A provable history of success:
- Using tools for data modeling of products.
- Developing products for customers across multiple languages and geographies.
- Identifying and documenting processes that need to be developed to support global products.
This is a full-time, exempt position, which reports to Vice President, SU Enterprise Solutions. This is a supervisory role. The position"s primary work location will be Columbus, OH. A remote working option is available.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp on a mission to improve the lives of billions of people. We see exponential technologies as massive opportunities for dramatic growth, innovation, and value creation. Learn more at www.su.org.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- 401(k) plan
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- A full suite of additional benefits (STD/LTD, Life Insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Cold brew coffee and tea on tap
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks
- Lunchtime meditation group
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond!
About Singularity University
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.