We're looking for a connector. An innovator. A client’s dream maker.
The Innovation Partnership Program - a joint venture of Singularity University and the XPRIZE Foundation in alliance with Deloitte - is the world’s leading corporate membership platform focused on disruptive innovation. IPP connects leaders at leading global institutions in a community of shared learning and co-creation to solve the world’s most pressing business and societal challenges.
As Senior Manager for Community Engagement, you will lead community engagement for a membership platform geared towards Global 1000 leaders who need to embrace a rapidly changing landscape. You will be the lead relationship steward for some of the most recognized brands in the world. You will be the driving force that excites, motivates, connects, and challenges members of our community.
Strategically Build our Community of Leaders
- Build, connect, and engage our community of individual members, facilitating peer-to-peer learning between top executives at the world’s biggest companies.
- Manage and engage a global community of faculty, startups, and partners to deliver value for clients.
- Develop and manage working groups and an ongoing community of practice that solves business and societal problems together.
Produce Engaging Community Content
- Inspire and foster community-generated content creation and sharing.
- Develop live events, workshops, and summits on forward-thinking topics.
- Help plan influencer/partner events and community outreach.
- Manage and leverage strategic relationships with stakeholders in SU’s global community.
- Generate creative, high-quality editorial content based on both IPP event series and member case studies to be published through digital platforms.
Collaboratively Generate Value for our Community Members
- Engage SU’s global community, including faculty, experts, and startups to generate content and make connections for IPP clients and individual members.
- Monitor and moderate discussion and comments on our forums and social channels to identify and tackle issues as well as maintain a positive environment.
- Stay knowledgeable about new industry trends and best practices through ongoing independent research.
Requirements (we need you to have):
- 5+ years of community management experience.
- Proven ability to influence senior stakeholders.
- Ability to travel up to 25%.
About You (We’d like you to have):
- Experience building a community of senior executives or corporations.
- Experience generating and/or curating content.
- Commitment to Singularity’s mission to inspire our community to use exponential technology to solve the world’s grand challenges.
You can do this job remotely within the following states: AZ, CA, CO, FL, GA, IL, IN, MA, MD, ME, MT, NC, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OR, TX, UT, or WA. Candidates based in the Los Angeles area or in the San Francisco Bay Area will receive some preference.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.