In this role, you will work directly with the CEO and Singularity University's management team to pursue new acquisitions and partnerships through to completion. You will manage the process of identifying, evaluating, negotiating, and approving each opportunity. Once projects are approved, you'll also manage the business and project planning to ensure the effective integration of the partnership or acquisition. You’ll leverage a deep understanding of SU’s strategy and growth plans, and your key internal partners will include the Strategy executive, General Counsel, CFO, EVP Strategic Relations (sales), and the leaders of SU’s business units.
- Help to generate a robust portfolio of opportunities for M&A and new partnerships by building relationships in the market and with SU’s partner organizations.
- Track and report on emerging industry trends and new business models that relate to SU’s mission and strategy.
- Evaluate and prioritize opportunities based on the management team’s strategic criteria.
- Perform the appropriate strategic and financial due diligence on each opportunity through interviews, financial analysis and modeling, and market analysis.
- Brief the management team and board of directors on opportunities.
- Negotiate business terms and term sheets/MOU's with external parties and the legal team.
- Analyze potential new lines of business for SU including market potential, competitive landscape, financials and synergies.
- Act as project manager to ensure follow-through on new integrations, opportunities, and business relationships.
- Develop and maintain a high level of knowledge about SU’s strategic priorities, growth plans, market offerings, and competitors.
Minimum Requirements (we need you to have):
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- Six or more years of cumulative experience in investment banking, management consulting, and/or corporate development roles.
Candidate Profile (we’d like you to have):
- Prior M&A experience, including acquisitions, joint ventures and investments.
- Experience at a top-tier management consulting firm, investment bank, and/or in corporate development.
- MBA or law degree desirable.
- Enterprise and SaaS experience a plus.
- Excellent communication and influence skills; the ability to partner effectively both internally and with executives at potential partner organizations.
- Self-starter and rapid learner who thrives in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to work through ambiguous and unbounded problems.
You will work out of at SU headquarters, which are currently located in NASA Research Park in Mountain View, CA. Most staff at Singularity University have the opportunity to work remotely one or two days per week.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.