Are you a big thinker? Someone who inspires others? A connector? An innovator? As the Strategic Account Director for Singularity University’s Innovation Partnership Program, you will manage client relationships and engage with leading Fortune 500 companies. You will be the strategic relationship steward for some of the most recognized brands in the world. You will identify and drive engagement and growth, foster innovation that delivers on our members’ business goals, and connect our members to a global ecosystem of technology experts, innovation strategists, NGOs, and startups.
The Innovation Partnership Program—a joint venture of Singularity University (SU) and the XPRIZE Foundation—is the world’s leading corporate membership platform focused on disruptive innovation. IPP connects leaders at global institutions with a community of shared learning and co-creation focused on solving the world’s most pressing business and societal challenges.
Inspired by being the driving force that excites, motivates, and challenges members of our growing community and helping to solve the world’s biggest challenges? You may be precisely who we’re looking for.
- Build long-term strategic client relationships built on deep trust.
- Anticipate client needs, and work with SU colleagues to come up with solutions.
- Consistently build and deepen relationships at multiple levels within member organizations, "owning" senior and executive-level relationships.
- Leverage client relationships and mine for stories to produce content, such as case studies, videos, social media content, and presentation so that we can share co-learning opportunities.
- Consistently motivate clients' internal teams and actively promote innovation, new thinking, and advancement of skills.
- Achieve KPIs tied to client success, case studies, member engagement, and renewals.
Our Requirements (We need you to have)
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- 3-5 years working in an agency, strategy consulting firm, or similar environment that required serving multiple clients from a range of business verticals.
- At least two years' experience working with companies on organizational change and innovation.
- The ability to travel up to 40% of the time.
We’d like you to have
- Exceptional strategic thinking ability.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- Curiosity, open-mindedness, and a positive, can-do attitude.
- A scrappy, self-reliant, self-motivated approach. An ability to work independently and with a remote team.
- Flexibility and adaptability. Able to operate in ambiguous situations and with changing priorities.
- Skills in facilitation and/or event management are preferred.
The position can be located anywhere in the United States. Candidates who can work from Singularity University's headquarters in Mountain View, CA or in the greater Los Angeles, CA area will have preference.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We aspire to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- 401(k) plan.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
At Singularity University, we are united in our common purpose to empower a diverse global community of 200,000 leaders, entrepreneurs, and inspired solvers working to tackle humanity’s most urgent challenges and achieve success in an era of unprecedented disruption. We support our community and clients through empathy and acceptance, and we are cultivating a new kind of customer hero through our innovative and transformative programs. Fulfilling our mission entails a commitment to inclusivity, diversity, and genuine acceptance. To that end, we will hire, promote, work alongside, cheer for, bond with, and warmly welcome into the SU family all persons without regard to ethnic and racial identity, indigenous heritage, national origin, religion, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other legally protected status.