Are you passionate about creating learning experiences that will inspire others to transform the world?
As a member of the Faculty, Content & Curriculum team at Singularity University, you will collaborate with product managers, producers, marketing staff, faculty, and others to help design compelling learning experiences for our program participants. You will be a member of a team of highly-skilled learning design professionals and have the opportunity to further develop your skills. This is an opportunity to contribute to the success of a rapidly growing B Corp with an important social mission, and see your own career develop too.
The focus of this role will be in-person learning experiences and developing and improving upon our programs to make them more active and engaging for our participants. There may also be opportunities to work on digital learning experiences as well. Since many of our in-person learning experiences take place on our campus in Mountain View, CA, you will need to be onsite approximately one to two times per week on average; there may also be the opportunity for international travel to support our regional partners. You will have the opportunity to work remotely if you wish, at other times.
- Develop learning outcomes to create a best fit between content, learner needs, and program business goals.
- Design and develop learning experiences (e.g. workshops, “unconference” style activities, case studies, problem-based learning) for use in hybrid and in person programs and products in close collaboration with product managers, subject matter experts, and faculty.
- Assist program teams with selecting expert speakers, sequencing sessions to meet program learning goals, and developing activities to enhance networking opportunities for participants.
- Collaborate with program teams, facilitators, and faculty to identify key themes and learning goals for program deliveries.
- Develop project plans, lead planning calls, and coordinate with all stakeholders to meet deliverables.
- Engage with and educate product managers, subject matter experts, faculty, and other staff as collaborators in applying adult learning theory, in accordance with best practices.
- Advise program teams on content and learning experiences that could be delivered as digital pre-work and what content and learning experiences are best delivered during the on ground, in person experience.
- Collaborate with our program/product teams, regional partners, and other stakeholders to develop training materials so products and programs can be successfully delivered in multiple, international locations.
- Develop playbooks, facilitators guides, and other training materials with the aim of helping program participants “connect the dots” around key program components including learning goals, faculty sessions, brand message, locations, and the overall participant experience.
- Use evaluation data and direct observations of learning programs to document program curriculum and identify improvement targets.
- Review, edit, and improve faculty, expert, and staff contributions to maximize impact on defined learning outcomes.
Minimum Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
- At least one year of experience in learning experience design or related field, for either a non-profit or for-profit entity, and knowledge of best practice in learning design.
- At least one year of experience working closely with subject matter experts on the design and implementation of course materials.
- The ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Exceptional attention to detail, ensuring that all materials are accurate, clear, concise and error-free.
- Knowledge of best practices in adult learning theory.
- Experience designing active learning and engaging experiences for large, in person events.
- Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization, with a focus on creating a positive impact in the world.
Your primary work location can be at headquarters in Mountain View, CA, or remote within the San Francisco Bay Area. You will need to work at headquarters approximately one to two days per week on average and must be available for occasional international travel.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp on a mission to improve the lives of billions of people. We provide transformational learning experiences for entrepreneurs and leaders and help them to see the opportunities in exponential technologies like artificial intelligence, digital biology, and quantum computing. Learn more about us at www.su.org. We see these exponential technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and social impact.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- 401(k) plan
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- A full suite of additional benefits (STD/LTD, Life Insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Cold brew coffee and tea on tap
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks
- Lunchtime meditation group
- NASA Research Park location
- Costume parties, happy hours, and other fun events for friends and family
- Access to some of the greatest minds in Silicon Valley
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.