The transformational nature of our programs is core to our brand, and so world-class instructional design is a fundamental element of all of our learning programs. The Learning Experience Designer collaborates with our faculty and staff to implement face-to-face and online transformational learning experiences for SU program participants. The individual in this role is responsible for leading curriculum design efforts according to established best practices. S/he optimizes the learning experience of our programs and also acts thoughtfully and deliberately in curating curriculum and best practices for maximum reusability and impact.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities:
● Innovate new courses with program teams to reach new audiences and refresh community participants with ongoing learning touchpoints to foster impact.
● Use visual media, game design and storytelling to create engaging experiences.
● Perform quality assurance reviews on existing learning content. Utilize evaluation data and direct observations of learning programs to identify improvement targets.
● Design and support a library of reusable content that can be drawn upon by our channel partners.
● Author standards for instructional content based on synthesized stakeholder input.
● Teach faculty, staff, and others instructional design best practices that create more impactful learning.
The Person We Are Seeking For This Role:
● A high level of mastery in applying instructional design and design thinking to curriculum design.
● A proven history of solving complex design challenges with delightful, engaging and elegant solutions.
● Demonstrable success working as a member of a team and contributing individually.
● Previous success conducting analysis of complex data and translating the results into actionable strategies, deliverables, messages, and presentations.
● Proficiency with commonly used e-learning development tools (such as Articulate, Camtasia, Captivate, SCORM, xAPI).
● Impeccable written and verbal communication skills.
● Exceptional attention to detail, assuring that all materials are accurate, clear, concise and error-free.
Why You Will Want to Work at Singularity University:
At Singularity University, we see exponential shifts as massive opportunities for dramatic growth, innovation, and value-creation. Through the Global Solutions Program (GSP) - our flagship program - we facilitate the creation of moonshot companies that will positively transform the future of humanity. Through our Custom Programs business, we help our clients to anticipate, understand, and leverage opportunities to propel their respective companies —and possibly the world—forward. The Executive Program (EP) is a week-long immersive course in Silicon Valley that examines how key converging technologies will shape our future and explores ethical leadership in a world of rapid change. Our learning experience designers help to ensure that these and other programs have impact.
Singularity University (SU) has a globally recognized brand. We employ a vibrant workforce of bright and dedicated individuals, who love technology, and who are exceptional in their respective fields.
SU is a global community using exponential technologies to tackle the world’s biggest challenges. SU’s learning and innovation platform empowers individuals and organizations with the mindset, skillset, and network to build breakthrough solutions that leverage emerging technologies like artificial intelligence, robotics, and digital biology.
We are looking for bright individuals who believe the world needs an organization dedicated to addressing serious global issues by fully embracing the power and capacity of disruptive and exponentially growing technologies. We are looking for individuals who want to contribute directly to the growth and success of our programs. Our fast-paced environment requires intensive coordination and constant interaction with bright minds and the newest technologies from a variety of disciplines. We have ambitious ideas and plans and need the right people to help develop and execute them.
Our offices are in the NASA Research Park at historic Moffet Field, CA. We offer an opportunity to make a difference, a competitive compensation package, fully paid medical benefits, unlimited vacation, and a work environment that includes a fully stocked kitchen, and a flexible approach to when and where you work.
Our Requirements (you must have):
● A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent work experience.
● At least three years of experience in learning experience design or related field, for either a non-profit or for-profit entity.
● At least one year of experience consulting with faculty on the design and implementation of course materials; face-to-face and/or online.
● The ability to travel up to 10% of the time.
About Singularity University:
Singularity University (SU) is a benefit corporation blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. Our employee value proposition is centered around a passion to positively impact billions of lives globally in the next ten years using exponential technologies. This is why we come to work at SU. We also offer a collaborative work environment where you'll have access to exponential technologies and learning opportunities you just won't find anywhere else.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
● We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
● We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
● We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
● We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
● We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
● We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
● Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
● We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.