As Event Manager, Program Relations within Singularity University’s Open Enrollment Services team (OES), you will be responsible for leading faculty relations and collaborating on events that captivate, amaze, and educate our participants. You will work directly with high-profile faculty speakers and with other SU departments to create a range of compelling experiences for event participants. You’ll be responsible for conducting the faculty speaker needs analysis, acting as the point of contact for faculty before, during, and after each program, troubleshooting problems, and contributing to the event evaluation process.
- Conduct a thorough needs analysis for each event as it relates to faculty speakers and sessions. Get clear on the purpose and scope of the event, important dates and times, and the list of individuals expected to participate.
- Design and implement a faculty communication plan in collaboration with the event production team.
- Communicate confidently and professionally with high-profile faculty in regards to schedules, program sessions and event expectations.
- Be present during all events and serve as liaison/point of contact with faculty, participants, and SU staff.
- Deliver a high-quality faculty-participant experience.
- Make adjustments as events are in progress to ensure that the quality of the experience remains high and the agenda from the program designer is followed as closely as possible.
- Improve internal processes and operational practices.
Our Requirements (we need you to have):
- At least two years of experience in roles with direct responsibility for planning events.
- The ability to work during non-standard hours as required by event schedules.
- The ability to travel up to 10%, including multiple overnight stays.
About you (we’d like you to have):
- Previous work experience in the hospitality or event industries.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word and Excel and/or Google Docs.
- Demonstrable past success:
- Working collaboratively as a member of a team, and contributing individually.
- Managing complex projects with firm deadlines and a significant amount of detail.
- Solving problems with minimal direction.
- The ability to work with faculty and speakers effectively.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions.
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.).
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees.
- 401(k) plan.
- Unlimited paid time off.
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for, both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.