Are you interested in being a leader in data and infrastructure product management for a B Corp that is on a mission to improve the lives of billions of people?
Singularity University is looking for an ambitious and growth-oriented Product Manager for Data and Infrastructure.
In this role, you will develop the underlying platform and data infrastructure to power various externally and internally facing web and mobile products at Singularity University. As an expert in data analytics and application and data integrations, you will hold the reins in reimagining how we use technology and data. You will enable shared data and experiences across digital products, and allow multiple products and apps to be built on a common technical framework. The goal is to bridge the gap between business and engineering and function with deep expertise in both worlds to create a scalable platform for Singularity University.
- Design and build an infrastructure that supports high performance, security, and scalability for SU’s web and mobile products.
- Work with the technical team to deliver world-class products driven by customers, prospects, advisory teams, and internal product experts.
- Work closely with internal stakeholders to promote products internally and ensure a cohesive message.
- Play a critical role in creating alignment between engineers and other internal stakeholders.
- Develop deep understanding of current state data creation, persistence and consumption by various web and mobile applications and business units and use it to drive scalable infrastructure product decisions.
- Articulate the vision in mapping data-related gaps and business needs to data and infrastructure product iterations.
Requirements (you need to have):
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline (Computer Science, Technology, Engineering, Math) or equivalent experience.
- 3+ years experience building, delivering, and supporting APIs, common services, integrations, and data tools, services, and products.
- Technical experience with analytical tools, methodologies, and design.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Experience with product management for externally facing web and mobile applications.
- Have worked hands on with application integrations, APIs.
- Experience giving presentations to manager levels and above.
- Experience with client management.
- Accurate and concise communication.
- Ability to balance a detailed oriented approach with a big picture vision.
- Worked in both startups as well as medium to large companies.
- Experience diving deep in current state analysis of data and application integrations, and able to create a roadmap for an improved future state.
The primary work location will be at SU headquarters in Mountain View, CA. Most Singularity staff have the opportunity to work remotely one or more days per week.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp on a mission to improve the lives of billions of people. We see exponential technologies as massive opportunities for dramatic growth, innovation, and value creation. Learn more at su.org.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- 401(k) plan
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- A full suite of additional benefits (STD/LTD, Life Insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Cold brew coffee and tea on tap
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks
- Lunchtime meditation group
- NASA Research Park location
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond!
About Singularity University
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.