Singularity University (SU) provides transformational learning experiences for entrepreneurs and executives and helps them to see the opportunities in exponential technologies like artificial intelligence, digital biology, and quantum computing. SU also connects them to a global ecosystem that is shaping the future and solving the world’s most urgent problems.
As a member of the Online Learning & Digital Businesses team, you will help grow SU’s digital business into a global ecosystem of resources, ideas, and expertise that enables deep connection within the change maker community to drive positive, sustainable global impact.
As the Digital Community Manager, you will be a key contributor in launching new digital products and developing a thriving online community that empowers organizations and individuals to build a better tomorrow.
- Analyze user activity and identify opportunities to improve customer engagement.
- Moderate community forums and manage incoming customer support inquiries.
- Develop campaigns with the Marketing team to support membership offerings.
- Track membership acquisition and retention and suggest conversion strategies.
- Gather customer insights to inform content development and event production.
- Coordinate digital events, content production, and digital asset management.
- Run frequent experiments and contribute to product and feature development.
- Report technical issues to the Engineering team and assist with maintenance.
- Provide support to online learning and digital businesses team upon request.
Minimum Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor's degree from an accredited institution or equivalent years of work experience.
- At least 3 years of experience in a customer-facing role.
- The ability to travel up to 20% of the time to headquarters in Mountain View.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Experience managing communities, campaigns, and/or events.
- Strong communication skills with high emotional intelligence.
- Ability to establish and foster strong relationships, while collaborating across multiple functions and levels of authority.
- Knowledge of design thinking (to help inform improvements to SU offerings) and lean startup methodologies.
- Familiarity with Scrum and Agile project management.
- Self-starter, with a proven ability to effectively manage time and produce tangible results.
- Strong spirit of collaboration, working across large organizations to reach a common goal, while actively promoting authenticity, transparency, and thought leadership.
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to identify key insights.
- Successful experience working with confidential / sensitive information and maintain confidentiality.
- Success thriving in an ambiguous and evolving work environment.
- Ability to remain calm under pressure.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization.
The primary work location can be at headquarters in Mountain View, CA, or remote within the United States.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp on a mission to improve the lives of billions of people. We see exponential technologies as massive opportunities for dramatic growth, innovation, and value creation. Learn more at www.su.org.
Here are some of the benefits and perks we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- 401(k) plan
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- A full suite of additional benefits (STD/LTD, Life Insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Unlimited paid time off
- Cold brew coffee and tea on tap
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks
- Lunchtime meditation group
- NASA Research Park location
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond!
More About Singularity University
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We seek to impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
The following statements define who we are and what we stand for both within our community and with our employees:
- We are creating a future of abundance that is bright, equitable and leaves no one behind.
- We are not bystanders. We act with purpose, leveraging exponential technologies to definitively solve humanity’s greatest challenges.
- We lead courageously and set an example for changing the world. We do no harm and refuse to compromise others for our own benefit. Our passion for the well-being of humanity drives our action.
- We are a community of inclusion, collaboration, and deep connection in which every individual is integral to success and the greatest ideas are often those never heard before.
- We cultivate a critical mindset that is empathetic, understanding, and respectful of all points of view. We make decisions based on evidence and logic which push boundaries and redefine possibility.
- We take Moonshots, thinking big and taking risks to solve problems and impact billions of lives. We believe that big dreams, strong collaboration, and powerful tools create an unstoppable force for good.
- Together, we can solve any challenge we encounter.
- We are exponential.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.