Singularity University (SU) provides transformational learning experiences for entrepreneurs and executives and helps them to see the opportunities in exponential technologies like artificial intelligence, digital biology, and quantum computing. Strategic Relations is SU’s domestic and international sales team.
As Director of Strategic Relations, you will be responsible for building and managing relationships, and closing the sale of solutions with Fortune 1000 companies, governments, and other organizations around the globe. Through consultative selling, you will help meet clients’ business objectives related to innovation and growth and help further Singularity’s social impact mission.
We are currently focusing our recruiting in the San Francisco Bay Area and in New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Atlanta, Washington D.C., and Dallas. Our headquarters are in the NASA Research Park in Mountain View, California.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities:
- Lead the entire sales cycle, from new customer identification through closing. Provide fact-based pipeline management.
- Provide high-touch customer support and contact throughout the sales process and program delivery.
- Build executive-level relationships with both current and prospective customers and business partners.
- Provide thought leadership that helps to advance customer needs and company interests.
- Work with product managers across SU to design customized solutions that meet customers’ needs.
- Promote Singularity at our conferences and events.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- 401(k) plan
- Employees have access to most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We connect you (and our clients) with the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university, or equivalent work experience.
- At least five years of sales experience, with a focus on sales to senior executives at large organizations.
- The ability to travel as needed, including multiple, consecutive nights away from home.
About You (we’d like it if you have):
- Been responsible for selling innovation products or executive education products.
- Been responsible for selling complex solutions or services in the US$100,000 to $500,000 range.
- Proven success with responsibility for sales quotas at or above $2 millions.
- An advanced degree from an accredited university. An MBA is highly preferred.
- Demonstrable past experience successfully building long-term relationships with customers.
- Successfully created demand for intangible solutions.
- A proven record as a communicator, especially in simplifying complex technology concepts.
- Proven success as both an individual contributor AND a member of a collaborative sales team.
- An interest in working for a mission-driven organization, with a focus on creating a positive impact in the world.
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.