Bring your finance and accounting expertise to a rapidly growing socially responsible business with a global presence!
As Singularity University’s Senior Accounting Manager, you will play a pivotal role in the overall success of the company by managing all internally facing accounting tasks. You will provide the financial data and insight that company executives need to manage the business.
You will provide guidance to general accounting, accounts receivable, collections, inventory accounting, payroll, and risk management. You will also be responsible for ensuring legal and regulatory compliance for all accounting and financial reporting functions. This is a Manager-level position responsible for managing and supporting the accounting team.
Some of the Position’s Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of accounting including Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, revenue recognition, general ledger, commissions, and payroll.
- Develop and present clear and accurate financial statements, including monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports, department-level reports, and board reporting.
- Improve financial and corporate decision-making through effective financial reporting.
- Coordinate the annual audit process.
- Manage all third-party relationships, including banking and tax.
Our Requirements (you must have):
- A bachelor’s degree from an accredited university with an emphasis in accounting, finance, or business, or equivalent work experience.
- At least seven years of work experience in the accounting and finance sector.
- At least five years of supervisory experience, managing accountants.
- At least three years of work experience in a position equivalent to a senior accounting manager or more complex responsibilities.
About You (we’d like it if you…):
- Demonstrable proficiency in all aspects of corporate accounting in accordance with GAAP.
- Strong, professional written and verbal communication skills, especially proven success in explaining complex financial concepts to a non-financially literate audience.
- Strong time management skills and organizational skills, including demonstrable success simultaneously addressing multiple competing priorities.
- A familiarity with start-up organizations.
The position primary work location will be at SU headquarters, Moffett Field, CA.
Why Work at Singularity University?
Singularity University is a B Corp blending for-profit structure with mission-based vision and values. We impact billions of lives globally using exponential technologies, and we see these technologies as massive opportunities for growth, innovation, and value creation.
Here are some of the benefits we offer:
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health coverage with generous employer contributions
- Robots, 3D printers, and VR machines, oh my!
- 401(k) plan
- Equity in Singularity University for all employees
- A full suite of additional benefits (disability, life insurance, FSA/HSA, Employee Assistance Program, etc.)
- Cold brew coffee and tea on tap
- Kitchen stocked with healthy snacks
- NASA Research Park location in Mountian View, CA
- Costume parties, happy hours, and other fun events for friends and family
- Employees are welcome to attend sessions of most Singularity on-campus workshops and learning events. We give you access to the greatest minds in Silicon Valley and beyond!
Singularity University is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment. SU is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer and is committed to providing equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all persons regardless of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, physical or mental disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state/provincial, local law.